- 12ADT is the key ingredient in mipsagargin, Inspyr’s lead investigational agent.
- 12ADT is derived from Thapsigargin, a powerful cytotoxin derived from the poisonous Thapsia garganica plant that grows mainly in the Mediterranean.
- Mipsagargin is a prodrug – converting to an active form only within the tumor.
- 12ADT is coupled to a peptide that helps solubilize the prodrug and keeps it inactive until peptide is removed.
- Mipsagargin targets prostate-specific membrane antigen (PSMA), an enzyme that is expressed on the surface of prostate-cancer cells and on tumor-associated blood vessels in other tumor types.
- The peptide is removed by the tumor enzyme at the target site.
- Designed to be activated only within the tumor, it provides greater anti-tumor activity and minimizes side effects.
- Inspyr’s peptides are patent-protected and developed based on extensive research by Scientific Advisory Board members.